Welcome!

Welcome to my zone 9a habitat garden near Houston, Texas.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Wet!

My garden got almost three inches of rain over the weekend - 2.9 inches, to be exact. Everything looks incredibly wet and beaten down today. We could really use a couple of days of sunshine now to perk things back up.

The sugar snap pea blossoms were hanging their heads today.

And the poor old azalea, which had just about reached full bloom, was really sagging.

Even on the soggiest days though, the gerbera daisies always look sunny!

3 comments:

  1. Yay, I found your blog again. Looks like the chron will never bring houstongrows back. What a shame too. I don't even bother going to their site anymore because of that ordeal. Well, I'm glad I found your blog, and will try to be a visitor from time to time. Tis to the growing season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, ossnap, so good to hear from you again! Yes, it is sad about the Chronicle site. It's such a mess. We had a nice little community going there and they just tossed it away. One of many stupid decisions.

      Have you found the birding blog, too? Here's the link: http://backyardbirdinginsoutheasttexas.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the bird blog link. I have saved them both and will try to check in on them from time to time.

    ReplyDelete