Welcome!

Welcome to my zone 9a habitat garden near Houston, Texas.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Five inspiring bloggers


The Liebster Bloggers Award

Recently, my blogging friend Pammy of Thyme Square Gardens was kind enough to honor me with the Liebster Bloggers Award. The name of this award is, rather obviously, German, and it means favorite or dearest or beloved. The rules of the award require that the recipient pass the award along to five bloggers who have motivated and inspired him/her.

Narrowing it down to just five is the hard part. There are a lot of wonderful bloggers out there (Pammy being one of them and if you haven't checked out her blog, please do) and I read many of them. They give me great ideas which I cheerfully steal for my own garden or my own blog and sometimes they provide just the right words that I need at that particular time to get me going or keep me going. It could be a much longer list, but here are five that are dear to my heart. Liebsters, all, and in no particular order.

1. Karin of Southern Meadows: The blog features good writing, excellent photography, and Karin's unique thoughts on Nature and gardening.

2. Jayne of Green and Serene:  I love her special empathy for critters and her efforts to create a garden that is welcoming to them.

3. Snap of Tales from Twisty Lane: Always inspirational and often quite funny. And she's a cat person!

4. Cindy of My Corner of Katy: Her beautiful cottage garden in Katy, Texas is what I aspire to have!

5. Kathleen of Hill Country Mysteries: Wonderful writer and always has something interesting to say.

The rules for accepting the Liebster Award are as follows:

1. Link back to the person who gave it to you and thank them.
2. Post the award to your blog.
3. Give the award to five bloggers with less than 200 followers that you appreciate and value.
4. Leave a comment on each of the five blogs to let them know that they have been offered the award.

Congratulations to my five selectees and thank you for being an inspiration to me, and, I know, to many others.



6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the Liebster Award and thank you for nominating me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Snap. You are definitely one of my "Liebsters"!

      Delete
  2. Well deserved award! Thanks for nominating me and your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to pass the award along to you, Karin.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Dorothy - and thank you for passing it on to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to do it, Jayne. You are a worthy recipient.

      Delete