Welcome!

Welcome to my zone 9a habitat garden near Houston, Texas.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

My mother's lilies

I'm happy to have a few plants in my garden that came from my late mother's garden and none are more precious to me than these old "ditch lilies," the original tawny orange daylilies. Every time I look at them I am reminded of my mother. They are tough plants, able to weather drought and flood and still come up blooming when spring rolls around again. Much like my mother.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

3 comments:

  1. For me, this is the perfect daylily.
    I personally do not like the blowsy blooms that we see in so many gardens these days.

    The ditch lily is beautiful in her simplicity.....

    I hope you have a happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have these daylilies blooming in my garden as well. A more cheerful flower cannot be found. I love them also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them!

    Hope your Mother's Day has been wonderful.

    ReplyDelete