Welcome!

Welcome to my zone 9a habitat garden near Houston, Texas.

Sunday, February 2, 2014

The diva finally sings!

I've been waiting for more than two months for the 'Grand Diva' amaryllis to bloom. She was very slow to start putting out leaves - didn't really begin to do it until after Christmas. And she didn't start to put up a bloom spike until after her sister amaryllises had already bloomed. But finally - finally! - in mid-January, her bloom spikes began to emerge. And now it is February and she's in full bloom. 



Divas perform in their own sweet time. They can't be rushed. But this one has finally delivered.

4 comments:

  1. The diva is beautiful. I didn't get an amaryllis this year and I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy my amaryllises and this one was worth the wait.

      Delete
  2. Just in time for Valentine's Day. Beautiful. The solid darker reds are so pretty. I have one open now with white streaks in the red. Such a joy.

    Everybody should be reminded next fall to buy and plant one -- or several.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do brighten up the winter. They've been a real mood-saver this winter.

      Delete