Welcome!

Welcome to my zone 9a habitat garden near Houston, Texas.

Friday, January 13, 2012

The garden week

It's been a great week in the garden, starting with 3.3 inches of rain on Monday. Since then, we've had mostly beautiful days, although the last two have been quite cold.

I've marked several chores off my to-do list this week. I made major inroads on the weeding, got most of the frost-bitten plants cut back, moved several of the perennials to new beds, and started some seeds under lights. All in all, a productive week.

What I need most right now are a few more weeks just like this one, including the rain. Then, my garden would be in good shape and ready for spring.

Spring is just around the corner, you know. And then comes summer. In Southeast Texas, summer is never far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment